ARARAT (MINI) Expedition
7 days - Code: A-MINI7
30.06 - 06.07.2019 AVAILABLE SPOTS!
04.08 - 10.08.2019 AVAILABLE SPOTS!
15.09 - 21.09.2019 AVAILABLE SPOTS!
Mount ARARAT (Mini) Expedition
Is for all who have limited leave and cannot devote much time to a trip. The expedition lasts eight days including optimal journey, therefore 5 days is enough to climb Ararat. It is also the cheapest – but with all the most important services – option among our expeditions. The expedition on Ararat itself lasts 4 days, and together with the reserve day, a trip in the surroundings and the journey, the whole expedition lasts 8 days. During this expedition we offer the following services: permission to climb Ararat, a local mountain guide, transfer from/to the airport in Igdir, transfer from Dogubeyazit to the foot of Ararat and back, hotels in Dogubeyazit and in Istanbul in double rooms, meals during trekking, transport of luggage on horses, equipment: a tent, climbing irons, sticks, foam mattresses,a trip in the surroundings (Ishak Pasha palace, going through Kurdish villages, Noah’s Ark Park, a meteorite crater).
A GENERAL PROGRAMME OF THE EXPEDITION
2. day – after the breakfast in the hotel, around 8.00-9.00 the transfer of the group to the foot of Ararat – 2100 metres above sea level. Trekking to the first camp – 3350 metres above sea level – about 4-5 hours
3. day – trekking to the second camp – 4100 metres above sea level – about 4-5 hours
4. day – about 2 a.m. we leave the camp to reach the top – 5137 metres above sea level. Climbing on the top takes about 5-9 hours. After reaching the peak we descend to the second camp, and then we go down to the first camp
5. day – we go down to the minibus. In the afternoon a trip around places of interests in the surroundings – Ishak Pasha Sarayi, Noah’s Ark Park, a meteorite crater)
6. day – it is a reserve day in case of bad weather on Ararat/picnic at the Fish Lake
7. day - drive to the aeroport in Igdir