ARARAT (STANDARD) Expedition
9 days - Code: A-STD9
22.06 - 30.06.2019 AVAILABLE SPOTS!
13.07 - 21.07.2019 AVAILABLE SPOTS!
17.08 - 25.08.2019 AVAILABLE SPOTS!
Mount ARARAT (Standard) Expedition
Is for all who want to acclimatize well, and apart from climbing Ararat want to see interesting places in the surroundings. The expedition lasts 9 days. The expedition on Arart itself lasts 5 days, and together with a reserve day, trips and journey the whole expedition lasts 9 days. During this expedition we offer the following services: the permission to climb Ararat, a local mountain guide, the transfer from and to the airport in Van, the transfer from Dogubeyazit to the foot of Ararat and back, hotels in Dogubeyazit and in Istanbul in double rooms, meals during the trekking, the transport of luggage on horses, equipment: a tent, climbing irons, sticks, foam mattresses a trip in the surroundings (Ishak Pasha palace, going through Kurdish villages, Noah’s Ark park, a meteorite crater), a trip to Akdamar island, hammam.
A GENERAL PROGRAMME OF THE EXPEDITION
2.day – after breakfast in the hotel at about 8.00-9.00 the group leaves to reach the foot of Ararat – 2100 metres above sea level. Trekking to the first camp – 3350 metres above sea level, around 4-5 hours
3. day - a day of acclimatization, a night in the first camp
4. day – trekking to the second camp – 4100 metres above sea level
5. day – about 2 a.m. we leave the camp to clime the top = 5137 metres above sea level. Climbing the peak takes about 5-9 hours. After reaching the top we go down to the second camp, next we go down to the first camp
6. day – we go to the minibus. In the afternoon a trip around places of interest in the surroundings Ishak PashaSarayi, Noah’s Ark Park, a meteorite crater
7. day – it is a rserve day in case of bad weather on Ararat/picnic at the Fish Lake
8. day – a trip to Akdamar island, a visit to see cats in Van
9. day – drive to the aeroport in Van